Reports to: Internal Auditor
INTRODUCTION: The Compliance Officer is to work closely with the Internal Auditor to ensure that operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal and internal rules.
- Monitor purchases/supplies.
- Review the transactions of the accountant to ensure correctness and irregularities
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing physical items to documentation.
- Assist in preparing for audit by researching materials and obtaining audit resources.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices and documentation.
- Check all supplies assets and service delivery for compliance with the organization’s policies on procurement, quality, reliability and cost.
- Complete audit work programs memorandums by documenting audit test and findings.
- Communicates on audit work progress and provide information on audit researches during audit meetings.
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed.
- Assist in ensuring that internal controls are effective and efficient.
- Assist in conducting follow up on audit reviews.
- Provides support in the preparation of Management information.
- Support external auditors by collating information requirements.
- Maintain records of audit work procedures and custody of audit files/ work papers.
- Assist in the investigation of suspected irregularities or fraudulent activities impacting the organization and provide necessary reports to supervisor.
- Periodic checks on school lunch, school fees, extracurricular, after school care and all income in general.
- Regular surprise stock count to minimize wastage and theft.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and audit policies.
- Provide detailed audit report to supervisor on all checks done.
- 2 years proven experience as an Internal Auditor or compliance officer.
- Experience in risk management.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls.
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards.
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field.
The Occupier of this position must be/have:
- Excellent negotiation skill
- Ability to prioritize
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Strong Ethics and Integrity
- Ability to Work with Diverse People
- Good Listening Skills
- Organized and Structured