Get to know more about your kids by having a longer time of conversation with them.
Most parents believe they know their children, especially when they are still toddlers but as they grow older, it becomes a little bit more difficult to understand them and know everything that they are going through. This is because kids constantly change and develop new preferences, fears, thoughts, and emotions.
Therefore, to continue to know your children as well as you hope to, you need to keep asking questions to start conversations. Simple questions from a father or a mother to his or her children can go a long way in the development of certain characteristics in them.
25 Great Conversation Starters You Can Try To Get To Know Your Kids Better
Here are some conversations starters that can help you get to know your child on a deeper level:
- Who is your best friend and why?
- What traits do you look for in friends?
- What do you think of the way the other kids at school dress these days?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment?
- What do you think is the most important quality a person can have?
Questions To Increase Their Level of Creativity Through Imagination
- If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
- If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
- What colour is the happiest colour? What makes it happy?
- If you won 100,000 Naira what would you do with it?
- If your pets could talk, what would they say?
- If you had a robot for one day what would you ask it to do?
Questions To Develop Confidence
- What are you most proud of?
- What is something you are good at?
- What are some things you can do to make a difference in the world?
- Can you remember a time when you had a really good day?
Questions To Help Develop Ambition
- Where would you like to live someday? A house in the country, an apartment in the city, on a farm, in a mansion, in an RV that travels around, or somewhere else?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- If you could achieve any goal, however impossible it seems, what would it be?
- What is one thing you want to achieve before you finish school?
Other Conversation Starters
- What do you think would happen if you had to go to school on Saturdays?
- When was the last time you told someone “Thank You”?
- Have you ever taught anyone how to do something?
- What is something that you think kids understand, but adults do not?
- Do you like how old you are now or do you wish you were older or younger?
- What is your favourite question to ask your friends?
You can also create more questions and conversations starters with your children, depending on their personalities and individual differences; you will be so amazed at the things you will get to know about them.
Do not forget to share this article with a parent you know and you can also check out our EDUTAINMENT CENTRE where we inspire creativity in children, helping them become well-rounded individuals visit http://springmeadowedutainment.com/ to get more information.
Source: Amy Morin (2018) “42 Conversation starters for kids” LCWS https://www.verywellfamily.